[S]ilent [K]ill [G]aming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
[S]ilent [K]ill [G]aming

The Official Home of SKG

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite computer type

Go down 
5 posters

What is your favorite type of computer
Sony
Favorite computer type Vote_lcap0%Favorite computer type Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dell
Favorite computer type Vote_lcap75%Favorite computer type Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
HP
Favorite computer type Vote_lcap25%Favorite computer type Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Gateway
 0% [ 0 ]
Alienware
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
SKG Waddles
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
SKG Waddles

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Favorite computer type Empty
PostSubject: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:32 pm

What is your favorite computer type.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ninja_penguins_4life
Red Kid
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
Red Kid

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Alianeware all the way but alas i will never ever never never get one because they are to much money for pour old me to buy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SKG Element
Vanguard
SKG Element

Male
Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 9:54 pm

its awesome to have a HP.
Back to top Go down
SKG Faust
Visitor
Visitor
SKG Faust

Male
Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:24 am

you should have the option none of the above. because they are all crap. Gateway and HP have always and will always be garbage. The amount of crap they integrate into their machines (soldering, as in you can't take it out) is ridiculous, especially when the integrated parts they put in even their most expensive and best made systems are horrible. Sony is a step up, but less smelly crap doesn't make it any more appealing.

For starters none of the companies listed above except alienware, tailor to a gaming crowd, sure they've made attempts in the recent years, but alas they are just as horid. And out of all Alienware is the worst of the bunch. For a company that is geared towards a gaming crowd, its rediculously overpriced.

Red Kid you could name me the most expensive pc they have to offer and I guarantee you that if you were to buy all those parts separately from sites like www.zipzoomfly.com and www.tigerdirect.com, you would get it for half that price. Yes, half. You can take any company like Alienware, IBUYPOWER, CYBERPOWER, VOODOOPC, Falcon Northwest and any other one you can think of that offers you prebuilt gaming, or should I just say high end pcs, that offer a limited amount of customization, such as choosing some of the parts and what color lighting you want, I guarantee you that close to if not more than half of the price is there because they are putting it together and to make them profit.

For instance, next week my money will be finished transferring to my paypal, and I will be ordering my new pc's parts all from tigerdirect. everything together it will have only cost me a little over 2 grand, this same pc would have cost me double the price if it had come from one of those companies and for no more that simple construction and maybe a case that they only offer. big deal. I highly suggest if anyone ever wants one they do the same and just order individually by finding the cheapest offer for the part you want.

The only drawback to this is that, most of the people who go to these sites are going there because they have no knowledge of what they would need to get, what parts are compatible, or how to assemble it. but trust me with a little bit of investigation online you can learn all you need to know. This will be my first custom built pc, and ill be assembling it myself. trust me its worth it in the end. Not only will you get better parts from the same 2 grand you would have spent going to alienware, they will last longer technology wise. With the constant new innovations and newer, better models comming out faster youll want that 2 grand investment to last and not have to keep upgrading every 2 or 3 years just cuz most of you money went to waste with alienware.
Back to top Go down
Red Kid
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
Red Kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:32 am

You know what Faust I completely agree with everything you just said I myself have a custom computer and bought all the parts myself and then me and my buddy put it together. I wish I had 2 grand at the time when i did it but alas i was broke and could only put up like a grand so its not an extreamly high performance machine but it gets me to the places i want to go and has its perks.

Yes Alienware is overpriced as i said I could never buy one and i know the only reason it is so expensive is because I would be buying the name brand but I did not think outside the box like you and actually stuck with the poll so thank you for putting me in my place

and just to show how much alienware really is this note book is their new Area 51 series its almost $4000 standard but my friend beefed it up with some of the addons and it came to over $10000 and he didnt even max it out

http://www.alienware.com/products/area-51-m17x-notebook.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-AREA51M17X-GC&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT
Back to top Go down
SKG Faust
Visitor
Visitor
SKG Faust

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:06 am

nothing was meant to offend, or "put you in your place". I was stating my opinion that they are all garbage, and alienware is overpriced out the ass. If you took offense to anything I said then its your fault, I only mentioned your name because you said you would buy an alienware and I felt the need to let everyone know they would be wasting money.
Back to top Go down
Red Kid
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
Red Kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:33 am

man no offense taken what so ever. I love hearing other peoples thoughts about different computer parts and software and just basically technology in general and if I can be taught something new or get the chance to hear someones opinion over mine ill take it. cause thats the only way we ever gain anything like if we all agreed on things life would be boring.
Back to top Go down
SKG Waddles
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
SKG Waddles

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:38 pm

Well, I have a Dell, and its an 8 year old Dell, and it works just fine. I don't use it to play high powered games, I might play a F2P FPS every once in a while, but those don't need much to run.
Back to top Go down
SKG Faust
Visitor
Visitor
SKG Faust

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:43 pm

Oh my bad red I thought I had ticked you off by accident lol.
Back to top Go down
Red Kid
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
Red Kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 12:37 am

Man do you know how hard it is to piss off a red head lol

we got special powers that let us build up our emotions much higher then any normal person and then one day we just snap and go crazy on who ever broke us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SKG InSaNiTy XV
Vanguard
SKG InSaNiTy XV

Male
Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 pm

I love DELL and dont care what anyone says Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hooverlax05
SKG Waddles
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
SKG Waddles

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:12 pm

I've had mine for so long, and all we've had to do is replace the graphics card.
Back to top Go down
Red Kid
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
Red Kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:25 am

I had a Dell once and I tried to modify it but when I opend it up there was no room for anything I couldnt add more Ram it had no room for another harddrive it was ridiculous
Back to top Go down
SKG Waddles
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
SKG Waddles

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Well, you see, its not necessarily for adding RAM. You could get one that can take more RAM. Mine could fit a lot more hardware into it, we just have no need to, I'll be getting this one soon, and my parents are getting a new one.
Back to top Go down
Red Kid
Junior Stalker
Junior Stalker
Red Kid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Lucky you i love getting a new computer even if its old. ill take anything i can get cause ill usually take the parts out and put them to work in one big computer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite computer type   Favorite computer type Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite computer type
Page 1 of 1